There are two different ways to configure your voicemail, depending on whether you choose to use your IP phone or whether you choose to complete your setup from the Ooma Office web portal. To get started, follow the setup instructions below that best apply to the extension you are setting up.
To set up voicemail from an IP phone, simply pick up the phone and dial your own extension number. The first time you do this, you will be prompted to set up your voicemail.
Ooma Office web portal
To set up voicemail from the Ooma Office web portal, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Ooma Office web portal at http://office.ooma.co.uk/ and navigate to the “Extensions” option beneath the “Setup” tab.
- Click the “Setup” icon ( ) next to the user extension whose voicemail you would like to configure.
- Under the “Voicemail” tab on the screen that is displayed, manually set a temporary PIN in the Voicemail properties if you are not the owner of the extension. Share that temporary PIN with the extension’s owner.
- Ask the extension owner to dial [*] from any IP phone that is connected to the Ooma Office system and enter the temporary PIN when prompted.
- The extension owner will now be able to follow the instructions to set up his or her voicemail, including selecting a new PIN.
Listening from any phone
You can check your Ooma Office voicemail from any phone. Dial into your extension through the virtual receptionist or by calling its direct number. Wait until the call rolls to your Ooma Office voicemail, and then press [*] and follow the voice prompts.